Minor fire breaks out at Vidhan Sabha reception

  • HT Correspondent
  • Updated: May 26, 2016 09:09 IST

NEW DELHI: A fire broke out at the reception of the Vidhan Sabha building in north Delhi’s Civil Lines on Wednesday morning. No injuries were reported.

Senior officials of the Delhi Fire Services said that the fire broke out at 9:50am, after which eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

“It was a minor incident and the fire seemed to have been sparked by a short circuit in one of the air conditioners in the reception area. Before it spread to other areas the blaze was controlled. No one was injured,” a senior fire official said.

The official said that the fire was completely doused by 10:15am and routine work resumed in the building within half-an-hour. For the sake of safety, the building was completely evacuated.

also read

Teachers of south body schools to mark attendance online
Show comments