The common admission schedule for nursery admission for the academic year 2011-12 released by the government on Tuesday has received mixed response from parents and principals of schools.
"We are very relieved with this schedule. Now at least we know for sure that schools have to complete the admission process by a certain time.
I am sure about which schools I want to apply for and the schedule will make the process less chaotic for me," said Suresh Khatreja, who is seeking admission for his three-year old daughter.
Others like Dr Sushma Bhardwaj, who is seeking admission for her three-year old child, said it was too short a time.
"Last year they had given one whole month to collect and submit the forms but this year it is only 15 days. It is definitely going to be hectic running from one school to another," said Bhardwaj.
Last year the sale of forms began from December 15 and ended on January 15. This year the admission process was delayed by 15 days as the government took time to declare the admission guidelines.
Some principals are unhappy with only 15 days being given to scrutinise the admission forms and to declare the first list.
"It is too short a time to go though the forms which run in thousands. We needed at least a month. But if the government has given us a schedule we have to follow it," said Madhulika Sen, principal, Tagore International School, Vasant Vihar.
LV Sehgal, principal of Bal Bharti School, Gangaram Marg, said, "As it is, we are running 15 behind schedule from last year and any further delay could have affected the academic calendar. We are comfortable with the schedule and do not see any problem in following it."