Home Minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday assured leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) that no final deicison has been taken on the Delhi government's proposal to take over the capital's BJP-ruled civic agency..
A delegation of BJP leaders led by VK Malhotra, leader of opposition in the Delhi assembly, Mayor Kanwar Sain, OP Kohli, MCD standing committee chair RK Singhal and leader of the MCD house Subhash Arya met the home minister to protest the Delhi government proposal.
"Chidambaram assured the BJP leaders that the proposal for take-over of the MCD by the Delhi government would be finally and fully considered only after taking into consideration the stand of the civic agency. He told them that so far no decision has been taken and it would be taken after taking the MCD into confidence," MCD spokesman Deep Mathur said.
"He said that nothing would be done which would weaken the MCD or precipitate the relations between state government and the MCD. The minister assured that he would examine the matter in a comprehensive manner and take a justified and reasonable decision. He also assured that the financial interests of the civic body will be kept in mind," the spokesman added.