Panel draws up plan to avoid another Dantewada | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 06, 2016-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Panel draws up plan to avoid another Dantewada

delhi Updated: Apr 27, 2010 00:41 IST

IANS
Highlight Story

The government appointed probe by former BSF chief E N Rammohan into the Dantewada attack has suggested a blueprint that includes better coordination and increased intelligence gathering to prevent further attacks, informed sources have revealed.

The one-man panel is understood to have suggested a plan to avoid situations similar to the one in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada area where 75 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel and a state police constable were slaughtered by Maoist guerrillas April 6.

The report, which analysed the ground situation in the Maoist stronghold of Dantewada and nearby places in Bastar region, has suggested a forward plan to ensure better coordination between the central security forces and the local police, the sources said.

It also emphasised better coordination between the civilian populace and the security forces camped in the area. The commission is believed to have suggested increased intelligence gathering by forces before any anti-rebel operation.

The report, submitted to the government last week, is understood to have criticised local CRPF officials on duty in Dantewada on the fateful day for lack of planning and strategic moves.

The extremists had sufficient time to plan an offensive to attack the forces, who returned on the same path, the report is believed to have pointed out.

"I submitted the report to Home Minister Chidambaram by the deadline (Saturday)," Rammohan told IANS.

"I would not like to discuss the contents before it is accepted by the government."

He said two subsequent attacks launched by Maoists April 17 and 21 during his visit to Chhattisgarh had neither affected his morale nor the mobility of the commission.