The government on Monday said that it was awaiting a probe report of the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on the Pune blast which is expected to come within a week's time.
"ATS is going ahead with the investigations. We will see after a week," Home Secretary G K Pillai told reporters here when asked whether the government was considering to hand over the investigations to NIA.
"I hope we will be able to get a report, something positive, by that time," Pillai said.
The NIA team had flown in from here to Pune on the day of the blast to get a "first-hand experience" of the incident.
The blast in German Bakery, a famous eatery near Osho Asharam in Pune on February 13, was the first major terror act in the past 14 months in which 15 people have died.
The forensic experts have lifted nearly 70 DNA samples from the scene of explosion and were trying to link them with those who had either been killed or were injured, official sources said.
The explosion had not left any clues about the mode of detonations and hints were being made that either a timer had been used or mobile phones were being used for detonation of the bomb on February 13 which comprised 99 per cent of deadly RDX and one per cent ammonium nitrate, sources in the investigating agency said.