In a clear violation of the Delhi Government’s rules regarding nursery admissions, some schools in the Capital have already announced the admission dates even before the release of guidelines.
Loreto Convent School, Delhi Cantt, which had announced its schedule last week, was forced to suspend the process following a letter from the Directorate of Education. “We pulled off the notice from our website as soon as we got the communication from the directorate. We will wait for the guidelines,” said an official from Loreto Convent.
Mira Model School, Janakpuri, however, has started selling the admission forms. According to a parent, Anurag Verma, the school started the process quite some time back.
“We bought the form almost a month back and were told
that the admission would be on first-come-first-served basis. The school asked for R20,000 as the admission fee,” Verma alleged.
Another parent, Ruchi Chopra, got the form last week and was asked to submit it by this week. “The authorities have asked me to attach a copy of the birth certificate, medical fitness certificate and photographs,” she said. School authorities, however, did not respond to the calls made on Monday.
According to Sumit Vohra, founder of admissionsnursery.com — a portal for parents in Delhi and NCR, such complaints have been surfacing in the last one week.
“Many schools are flouting norms and are trying to jump the queue. Unless the guidelines are released, no school can bring out forms or declare admission schedule.
The government is not paying attention and parents are getting harassed in the process,” he said. Both Verma and Chopra lodged their complaints on the website first.
The nursery admission guidelines, meanwhile, may not be released before December 14, the day the government is supposed to clarify its position in front of the high court regarding the minimum age for admissions.