Striking workers of Rico Auto Industries called off their strike after they reached an agreement with the management late Thursday night.
The agreement was signed by the two parties early on Friday, in the presence of the labour department officials, said S.S. Chaudhary, vice-president (HR) of Rico Auto.
The company agreed to take back eight of the 16 suspended employees on duty after they tendered a written assurance.
One employee will be taken back after a month. The case of the remaining seven suspended employees will be considered after an in-house inquiry by a retired judicial magistrate.
Employees’ Union president Prem Kumar said the strike had been called off after the agreement with the management and the striking workers.