Saviour boy does it again, rescues 3 drowning kids | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 25, 2017-Saturday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Saviour boy does it again, rescues 3 drowning kids

delhi Updated: Aug 15, 2012 00:59 IST
Faizan Haider
Faizan Haider
Hindustan Times
Faizan Haider

The 13-year-old boy, who had saved three boys from drowning in the Agra Canal in Jaitpur of southeast Delhi last month, once again saved three lives at the Kalkaji ghat on Monday evening.

The boy, Sagar Kashyap, along with his father Bhola Nath Kashyap, was fortunately present at the spot when the incident happened.

Bhola Nath is a well-known swimmer and police always take his help in case of emergency situations.

On Monday evening, police said, 12 boys were carrying out religious rituals at the Kalkaji ghat and then stepped into the river.

"Three youths soon went into the deep end and started drowning. Sagar and his father, however, managed to rescue two boys, Vivek and Rajiv, in the nick of time. The third one was saved later," a senior police officer said.

Bhola Nath said it was only after the rescue operation, that the group told them that one other member was missing. They jumped into the river again and fished out a body.

Police said the father-son duo was an expert swimmer and jumped into the river, without a moment's thought.

"I have saved at least 50 lives so far and during Chath Puja and Durga Puja local police always ask me to remain present near the river. Now, my son is doing the same," said Bhola Nath.

Since the family lives near the canal, Bhola made his children (two sons and a daughter) learn swimming at the age of five.

"There is always a fear that they can fall into the canal. So, I made sure that they knew how to swim, so in case of emergencies they can save themselves. Now, three lives were also saved because of this," he further said.

Police have also acknowledged Kashyap's effort and have decided to reward the family.

"The boy's father is available for us, whenever we need him. Our rescue team continued the operation and after 24-hours of hard work, another boy's body was fished out of the canal," a senior police officer said.