The second trial run on the lanes reserved for Commonwealth Games on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway has now been postponed for a few days. The trial run was earlier scheduled for Saturday.
Making amends after Wednesday’s mismanagement, the Gurgaon police have also decided to reserve the right lane along the expressway.
During the first trial, the left lane had been blocked which choked the entry and exit points leaving commuters stranded for over six hours.
“The next trial run will be held soon. During Wednesday’s trial run, we had reserved the left lane which ended up increasing pressure on service lanes,” said Gurgaon Police Commissioner S.S. Deswal. Sources, however, said the next trial run would be held on Monday around 4 p.m., but authorities refused to confirm the date.
“We have not finalised the date yet,” Deswal added.
Instead of blocking the entire route, the Gurgaon police have decided to allow the movement of traffic in periodic intervals during the next trial run.
According to the official plan, athletes will enter Gurgaon from the toll plaza and one gate will be reserved for them.
After crossing Shankar Chowk and IFFCO Chowk, the fleet of vehicles will turn left after Signature Tower
and head towards the Sector 43 and 44 crossing towards Sector 56 and ultimately go to the Kadarpur CRPF camp where the shooting range is located.
“We appeal to commuters and the public to cooperate in this effort because it is our duty to provide a safe and hassle-free way to our guests,” the police commissioner said.