Sept 13 blasts toll touches 25 | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 04, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Sept 13 blasts toll touches 25

delhi Updated: Sep 29, 2008 01:07 IST
Rhythma Kaul
Rhythma Kaul
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

The Death of 22-year-old Tahir at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday took the death toll from the September 13 blasts to 25.

Tahir was brought to the hospital on the night of the blasts with severe head injuries in addition to brain hemorrhage. His condition had been critical since then.

“He was in deep coma and our specialists here tried their best to revive him but could not. He was one of the very critical blast victims,” said Dr S.K. Sharma, the chief medical officer (CMO) at RML Hospital.

His family was shocked to learn about his death. They had hoped he would survive and return home. In fact, they were quite satisfied with the way doctors were tacking care of their son.

“I personally went to thank the doctors treating my son yesterday because I could see they were doing a good job. But I didn’t know what fate had in store just a day later,” said Zahir Ahmad, Tahir’s father.

rhythma.kaul@hindustantimes.com