Seven injured in blaze from gas cylinder | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 19, 2017-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Seven injured in blaze from gas cylinder

delhi Updated: Feb 14, 2013 00:25 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Seven labourers were injured after a fire broke out in their rented accommodation due to leakage from a small cooking gas cylinder in west Delhi's Nangloi, on Tuesday night.

The incident took place around 10.45 pm and all the victims suffered burn injuries. They were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital from where they were referred to LNJP hospital in central Delhi.

The victims were identified as Hari Shankar, 21, Laxmi Shankar, 20, Shankar Kumar, 18, Manoj, 18, Sanoj, 19, Sarvesh, 30, and Hari, 21. They lived together in a rented room and worked as labourers. Their condition was reported to be stable.

A police officer said that the victims had returned after work and one of them went to prepare dinner. "As they tried to light the flame, the blaze engulfed the entire room due to leakage of gas. They suffered burn injuries and were rescued by their neighbours," said the officer.