Stabbed, robbed in GK-II market | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 17, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Stabbed, robbed in GK-II market

delhi Updated: Apr 15, 2010 23:57 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

In a shocking incident of daylight robbery, a 35-year-old man was beaten up and then stabbed in the leg in M block market in Greater Kailash Part -II around 1 on Thursday afternoon.

Three robbers took away Rs 12.90 lakh in cash from Kishan Lal while several eyewitnesses just stood as mute spectators to the crime.

An employee of Karni Telecom Private Limited, which is an authorised dealer for Tata Indicom phones, the victim was on his to Corporation bank branch in GK-II when he was attacked.

Police said three men on a motorcycle started following Lal after he left his office for the bank. He was just a kilometre away from the bank when the robbers attacked him.

The police said the men hit him with the butt of a country-made pistol and also stabbed him on his left leg. The victim told the police that his attackers weren't wearing any masks but he couldn't see their faces properly.

"Everything happened so fast. When I reached GK-II three men on a motorcycle pushed my vehicle. I went flying on the road and was dazed for some time. Then they all pounced on me and tried to take the cash bag. But I held on to it," Lal told the police.

"So they hit me on the head and stabbed me on my leg. When I still did not let go of the bag, they finally cut the strap and took the money."

The police have registered a case in the matter. Additional Commissioner of Police (Southeast) Virender Singh Chail said, "He was taking the cash to the bank when the assailants attacked him. We have begun the investigation."

Lal said he is shocked that though he was attacked in the middle of the road and he cried for help, no one came forward to help.

"I was covered in blood. I kept on asking people around me to stop them from taking the money but no one helped. I myself had to make the

PCR call myself as no one moved," he added.

Lal is admitted in AIIMS trauma centre and in stable condition.