Around 32 students of a government-aided school in the capital fell ill after their mid-day meal on Wednesday afternoon.
According to police, the incident happened at Baba Nebhraj School in Lajpat Nagar-I. They said the children from Class I to Class V had their mid-day meal around 10.00 am.
“After having the food some students started complaining to their teachers about stomach ache while others started vomiting. The teachers rushed to the principal and the students were rushed to a nearby Corporation Hospital,” a senior police officer said.
They were later referred to Safdarjung Hospital. “All the students were suffering from a mild case of food poisoning and were later discharged,” a senior doctor said.
The Education Department has served a notice on Manjeet Singh (32), the school’s food contractor, who supplies food to 30 other schools as well.