Tale of a six-month-old grudge | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 24, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Tale of a six-month-old grudge

delhi Updated: Sep 05, 2012 01:55 IST
HT Correspondent

Six months before the chilling murders of five people followed by a suicide in Bindapur and Ghaziabad on Monday, a small family fight meeting had taken place in Ghaziabad's Mohanpur.

Naveen alias Monu, who turned out to be the first victim of his cousin Ravi Singh, 25, had beaten up Singh for having an affair with his wife Renu Malik. The families of Singh and Naveen had met to settle the issue.

"We had asked Ravi to stay away from Renu but he did not listen. His parents, who are blind, had assured us that Ravi won't meet Renu again," said Ashok Kumar, Singh's uncle.

Police said Naveen, whose body was found last among the five people killed, was the first one to be killed. Sources revealed that his wife Renu was involved in the plan of killing him.


Singh's uncle said that Renu had given her husband's ATM card to Singh as he was unemployed. She had given him her jewellery when he needed money.

"The call details of Renu's phone reveal that she was with Singh when her husband was murdered. The chilling murder took place on Sunday night and Singh and Renu put Naveen's body in the bed-box and stayed in that very room the whole night," a senior police officer said.

Sources said the next morning Singh wanted to ran away with Renu but she refused.

Angry with Renu's rejection, sources said, Singh went on to kill her, their landlady Sheela Garg, 53, Renu's sister Baby and their father Harendra.

Singh, a BPO cab driver, wanted to marry either Renu or Baby but went on the rampage after both of them rejected him.

Sonu, the elder brother of Naveen, said though he was at the house on the night his brother was murdered, Renu had given him some sedatives because of which he doesn't recall anything.

"On Monday, Renu told me Naveen has gone to Madhya Pradesh. I left for work and returned when my landlord's son called me," he said.

The family of the victims alleged that the police weren't keen on investigating the matter.

They said Naveen's body was found only in the evening whereas the police had visited the crime scene in the morning. And it was the neighbours who had found the body.

"The police recovered Renu and Sheela's bodies but didn't check in the bed box. The room was smelling bad but they chose to ignore it," Singh's uncle Ashok Kumar alleged.