Three kids dead after eating ladoos at home | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 08, 2016-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Three kids dead after eating ladoos at home

delhi Updated: Apr 11, 2012 00:15 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Three kids died after eating adulterated ladoos, which they had found wrapped in a newspaper near their house in northeast Delhi’s Gokulpuri on Monday evening.

The victims were residents of a nearby cluster and were playing outside their house when they found the ladoos lying on the roadside.

“There were four kids and they distributed the ladoos amongst themselves. Soon, they started vomiting and were rushed to Ambedkar Hospital. Three of them died during treatment,” a senior police officer requesting anonymity said, adding, “Doctors said they had eaten something poisonous.”

Police have collected the remaining sweets and sent it for further analysis.

“No one had given them the sweets. They had found them on the roadside. They complained of stomach pain after eating it. The remaining pieces of the sweet have been sent for chemical analysis, to check the presence of poisonous substance or fungal infection,” said Sanjay Jain, DCP (northeast).

Police said Esha, 6, Preeti, 3, Shanti, 3 and Rashmi, 4, had consumed the adulterated sweets. While Preeti, Shanti and Rashmi died, Esha is still undergoing treatment. Their bodies have been sent for post-mortem examination.

“The children, who lived in nearby jhuggis, complained of pain in their stomachs in the evening. When they started vomiting, we took them to the hospital. Some other children who were playing nearby said they had eaten some ladoos,” a relative of Shanti said.

A case of causing death due to negligence has been registered at the police station.