Two held in firing at hotel premises | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 24, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Two held in firing at hotel premises

delhi Updated: Dec 27, 2010 00:59 IST
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Two men, including a student of Delhi University, were arrested for firing in the air after a drunken brawl outside a five-star hotel in the heart of the city.

Police said four shots were fired and the accused were arrested with the help of Close Circuit Television Camera (CCTV) footage installed at the hotel.

The incident was reported around 5.30am Saturday outside The Park — a five star hotel at Parliament Street. The hotel is located a little more than a kilometre from Parliament House and barely few metres from the local police station.

Police said the incident took place when Pradeep Dahiya (25) and Rahul (20) had gone to Agni, a pub in the hotel, with two other friends Broxy and Dimpy.

Police said Dahiya, a resident of Rohini's Sector 11, has six criminal cases registered against him including that of murder. The second accused, Rahul, is a final year student at Dyal Singh College.

Police said Singh and Rahul had an altercation with their two friends over payment of money. All of them were heavily drunk.

"The altercation started when they were inside the pub. Dahiya asked his friends to come out of the pub to discuss the matter. He got enraged and took out a pistol from his Ford Endeavour car. He then opened fire in the air four times," said KC Dwivedi, additional commissioner of police (New Delhi).

Dahiya had parked his car in the hotel driveway and came out of the hotel premises with his friends. Police said after opening the fire it was Dahiya himself who called up the police control room and said someone has opened fire on him.

"When we analysed the CCTV footage and questioned the hotel staff it was found that it was Dahiya who had opened fire. Initially, he was not ready to accept but when we showed him the CCTV footage he gave in," said the officer.

Police said they registered a case under the Arms Act, criminal intimidation and endangering life of others at Parliament Street police station.