Upset by wife, in-laws,CA ends life in Rohini | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 24, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Upset by wife, in-laws,CA ends life in Rohini

delhi Updated: Jan 29, 2012 00:35 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

A 40-year-old chartered accountant (CA) allegedly hanged himself at his residence in outer Delhi's Rohini Sector 16 on Friday night.

The victim, identified as Bharat Bhushan, has left a suicide note in which he has blamed his wife, Sangeeta, and in-laws for forcing him to take such an extreme step, the police said.

According to the police, Bhushan was upset with his wife and in-laws as his brother-in-law was not returning the Rs 23lakh that he had lent him. The victim had reportedly borrowed the amount from moneylenders.

Bhushan was found hanging in his bedroom. The matter came to light when Sangeeta, who was living at her parents' place for the past six days, went to the house. She informed the police after Bhushan did not answer her phone calls.

"The main door was bolted from inside. After receiving Sangeeta's call, we went inside the house and found Bhushan hanging from a ceiling fan. He was taken to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead," said a police officer.

The officer said Bhushan had last talked to his wife on phone around 10.30pm. "His wife said that Bhushan had scolded her and his in-laws for spoiling his life. He had told her that he would commit suicide and then disconnected the phone," the officer said, adding that a case under Section 306 of the IPC has been registered at the KN Katju Marg police station.

Quizzed by cops, youth commits suicide
In another incident, a 23-year-old man allegedly hanged himself from a ceiling fan at his residence in the Dakshinpuri area under the Ambedkar Nagar police station of south Delhi on Friday night.
The victim has been identified as Ramesh Kumar. His family has alleged that Kumar was being harassed by the local police, who were questioning him in a mobile phone theft case. Police have, however, refuted the allegations.