Victim’s security beefed-up | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2016-Sunday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Victim’s security beefed-up

delhi Updated: Dec 04, 2010 01:52 IST
Vijaita Singh
Vijaita Singh
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Delhi Police have provided protection to the 30-year-old victim who returned home after living in an undisclosed location following her alleged abduction and gang rape on November 24.

After two of the five accused were arrested on Thursday, the victim and her colleague, who narrowly escaped on the fateful day, returned to their rented home. Four policemen have been deployed in the area.

"The victim has told us that she wanted to move on with her life and would continue living in the city till the accused were brought to book. She also has to identify them during an identification parade. We will provide her with protection," said HGS Dhaliwal, deputy commissioner of police (south).

Late on Thursday night, an 11-member police team raided the Mewat region again but the main accused, Kamru alias Mobile (25), managed to give them the slip. Two policemen were also injured in the chase.

"We managed to trail his car and cornered him at a point. In the process his car, Maruti Alto, and mobile phone was damaged. He got out of the car and managed to escape," said a senior police officer.

Kamru, who was out on bail after being arrested in a gangrape case and attempt to murder earlier, was the one who reportedly made the plan to rape the victim when they were out to steal cattle.

The police said they will move a production warrant against one of the accused — Shahid alias Chota Billi (25) — who surrendered himself before a Ballabgarh court two days after the crime was committed. The police said raids were being conducted to nab the fifth accused, Iqbal alias Bada Billi (25), also a resident of Dhaujj village in Mewat.

"We are using all our resources and men to nab the two men who are still absconding. We also have to recover the country-made pistol that was used to threaten the two women and abduct one of them," said the officer.