The 30-year-old BPO employee who was allegedly raped by five men in a moving vehicle before being dumped at a desolate area in Mongolpuri has told the police that she wants to continue living not only in the same locality but the same house.
Soon after their raid ended, the victim was the first one to be informed by the police about the arrest of the two of the five alleged rapists who assaulted her on November 24.
The two accused who were arrested on Thursday will have to undergo a test identification parade (TIP) before the victim.
"The victim will have to identify them during a TIP. At present, they have been sent to judicial custody," said the officer.
"She is a survivor and, despite undergoing the trauma, gave key details about the profile of the accused to the police, helping them solve the case. She could remember minute details like the colour of the van and its make," said Rajat Mitra, clinical psychologist who counselled the victim.
The police said the case could not have been solved had it not been for her cooperation.
"The victim was extremely cooperative and courageous. Even her friend, who was with her when she was abducted, has been of tremendous assistance in the investigations," said HGS Dhaliwal, DCP (south).
"Even after going through so much, she mustered courage and tried to ascertain her location. She noticed a dimly lit godown, which had a nameplate outside carrying a Mongolpuri address. She immediately called up her colleague and later the police to inform them about her location," said Dhaliwal.
The victim, who belongs to Mizoram, has reportedly said that she wanted to continue living in the same rented accommodation and carry on with her job.
The victim's parents arrived in the city last week.
"She is a strong person and has shown a great deal of resilience. She is traumatised but dealing with the situation courageously," said Mitra.