Warning mail received prior to the blasts | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 28, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Warning mail received prior to the blasts

delhi Updated: Jul 27, 2008 02:18 IST
PTI
Warning mail received prior to the blasts

"So wait... Await now....! Wait only for five minutes from now! ..." is what a mail sent to a few media channels and newspapers said just minutes before the 16 serial blasts rocked the city of Ahmedabad.

Claiming responsibility for the serial blasts, a little known group called the 'Indian Mujahideen' claimed responsibility for the blasts and also warned of more such attacks.

Intrestingly, the same group had earlier claimed responsibility for the recent serial blasts in Jaipur and Uttar Pradesh.

Claiming the Ahmedabad attack was against the post-Godhra violence in 2002, the group said that in the near future they will target the states of Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh.

The e-mail sent from <alarbi_gujarat@yahoo.Com> id also said that Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and R R Patil are also on their target list.

Even, Mukesh Ambani, head of the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is also a target.

Muslim MPs belonging to both Congress and NCP were also warned even as the mail said that the group will target leaders belonging to BJP and its affliates, especially Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.

Even the media was not spared with the letter claiming that media groups would also be attcaked.

Attacking the Maharashtra government the mail said, "We wonder at your memory. Have you forgotten the evening of 7/11/2006 (Mumbai serial blasts) so quickly and so easily?"

The mail ended with a signature which read like "Guru A Chindi" and 'Al Arbi'.