We urge people to approach authorities when they have complaints | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2016-Sunday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

We urge people to approach authorities when they have complaints

delhi Updated: Dec 17, 2009 23:31 IST
Peeyush Khandelwal
Peeyush Khandelwal
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

There have been frequent complaints from residents that private builders get completion certificates even when basic infrastructure work is pending. What are the problems and what can be done to check them?
Noida Authority checks the completion process of the project in all respects before giving a completion certificate to the builder. The majority of problems that crop up are related to maintenance. We try to mediate between the RWAs and the builder to find a solution which is acceptable to all parties.

Can Noida Authority act if complaints are received against builders who have already been granted completion certificate?
Even after completion certificate is given, the Authority can intervene on the complaints of the residents and suitable action could be initiated if the complaints are found genuine. People can also approach our office in this
matter even after the completion certificate is given to the builder.

Is there any regulatory mechanism to regulate the activities of the builder so that residents can get a better deal?
There are no such regulatory mechanisms at present. Most of the projects here have problem of maintenance. In case of problems, people can approach the authority and administration officials.

What action is taken against a builder who makes false promises to lure customers to buy his flats?
In such cases, the authority takes action on complaints. The Supreme Court has also given certain guidelines in this matter. We urge people either to approach the Authority or the administration and check the authenticity of the claims made by builders. We will initiate strict action in such cases where builders are found making false promises to buyers.