Ambedkar University cut-offs touch 100% for four subjects | education | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 21, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Ambedkar University cut-offs touch 100% for four subjects

Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD) has done a Delhi University in the first cut-off list released on Tuesday for admissions to undergraduate courses with cut-offs for four courses touching 100%.

education Updated: Jul 07, 2015 23:51 IST
Heena Kausar

Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD) has done a Delhi University in the first cut-off list released on Tuesday for admissions to undergraduate courses with cut-offs for four courses touching 100%.

Students, who have studied Commerce in Class XII and are from outside Delhi, will require a 100% score to get admission in any of the four courses — BA (Honors) with a major in English, BA (Honours) with a major in Psychology, BA (Honors) with a major in Sociology and BA (Honors) with a major in Social Sciences and Humanities.

The first cut-off list, for outside National Capital Territory (NCT) students, this year has seen a jump of 2-4 percentage points from last year’s cut-off for the courses. AUD reserves 85% seats for students from Delhi while the other 15% are for students from outside Delhi.

The cut-off is slightly lower for students from Delhi. The cut-off is 97% for admission to BA (Honors) with a major in English for Commerce students while it is 92% for Humanities students and 96% for Science students. Similarly, the cut-off is 98% for admission to BA (Honors) with a major in Psychology for Commerce students while it is 93% for Humanities students and 97% for Science students.

The cut-offs for NCT students have also seen a jump of 2-5 percentage points from last year’s cut-off across courses. The highest jump is for the cut-off for BA (Honors) with a major in Social Sciences and Humanities which is 95% as against 90% last year.

University officials said the rise in cut-off is a reflection of the number of applications received. AUD has seen a jump of 65% in applications for undergraduate courses this year.

“We have received over nine thousand applications for the seven undergraduate courses on offer. We have 245 undergraduate seats so we have to be cautious with our cut-offs. The cut-offs have been decided based on the number of application for the seats available,” said Kuriakose Mamkoottam, dean students’ service.

Mamkoottam said the cut-off for outstation students is higher because they have received a good number of applications with high scores from outside Delhi. “There are many applications from outside NCT with very high score. We have lesser number of seats for outside student so we have to be cautious with the cut-off. We don’t know how many of these applicants have already taken admission in DU or elsewhere so we have played safe. A second cut-off list, if any, will give a clearer picture,” said Mamkoottam.

The admission under the first cut-off list will start from July 9 and continue till July 11. The second cut-off list, if any, will be released on July 13, officials said.