A Delhi girl led the list of toppers in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE’s) Class 12 examination results announced on Saturday with two students from Haryana grabbing the second and third positions.
The results were declared online and also provided through phone. The CBSE also introduced digital marksheets this year which will be provided to the students through www.digilocker.com .
- 92% students have cleared the exam (83.05% in 2015).
- 88.58% girls have passed; 78.85% boys have cleared the exam.
- Thiruvananthapuram has the highest pass percentage of 97.61%. Chennai stands second with 92.63%.
- All-India topper in all categories, Sukriti Gupta of Montfort School in Ashok Vihar, scores 99.4%.
- Chennai student Ajish Shekhar stands at third place.
- Among differently abled students, Mudita Jagota of DAV Public School in Faridabad score 485 or 97% marks, while Siddhartha Bistar of Kendriya Vidyalaya RK Puram is second with 484 marks.
- Lucknow girl Anshul Bhadauria scores 98.6%.
- Harshita Sharma tops Agra with scoring 98.2 % marks.
- Subham Acharya tops of Bhubaneswar region with 98.4% marks.
- Twin sisters Ankita Chauhan and Harshita Chauhan scored 93% marks in the Science stream. They are students of DAV Sector 14, Gurgaon.
- Twin sisters Ankita Chauhan and Harshita Chauhan.
- Ayush Jain tops in Jaipur with 98.4% marks.
- A differently abled student from Varanasi, Sumedha Pathak, scores 91.04% marks.
Here is how to check your result:
|1. You can check your results after logging in to the official websites of the board -- www.results.nic.in , www.cbseresults.nic.in and www.cbse.nic.in -- with your exam details.|
|2. You could also click here to go directly to the log-in page.|
|3. Students can obtain their results through IVRS system by calling on these numbers: (011) 24300699 and (011) 28127030.|
|4. You could send an SMS writing cbse12 to 51115.|
The highest ever CBSE class 12 score is a jaw-dropping 99.6% achieved by Delhi’s Sarthak Agarwal in 2014.
Among the differently-abled category too, a girl from Haryana topped the all-India list. The examination was conducted between March 1 and April 22 and 10,67,900 students, including 6,21,259 boys and 4,46,641 girls took the test.
The two toppers from Haryana were Palak Goyal of Tagore Public School in Kurukshetra and Somya Uppal of St Theresa Convent in Karnal.
Rakshit Malik of Noida’s Amity International School secured the third rank, scoring 482.
For the first time, CBSE will also provide digital mark sheets for Class 12 in DigiLocker at www.digilocker.gov.in . “The DigiLocker account credentials will be sent to students via SMS on their mobile number registered with CBSE. The results will also be available via Android mobile app-DigiResults,” an official statement said.
The second phase of telecounselling will also commence along with the announcement of the results and will continue till June 4, 2016.
Microsoft has partnered with CBSE to bring 12th class (2016) results to its Bing search engine. Simply head over to Bing and search for CBSE 12th results. Once the results are out, you will be able to enter your roll number and date of birth to see your CBSE class 12 result on Bing itself. This will work on mobile as well as desktop.
The examination was conducted between March 1 and April 22. A total of 10,67,900 students, including 6,21,259 boys and 4,46,641 girls, registered for the examination from 10,121 schools. Among all the CBSE regions, Delhi saw the highest number of student registrations, followed by Panchkula and Dehradun.
In Class 12, the number of students this year saw an increase of 2.65% than last year. In 2015, 10,40,368 students had registered.