The International School of Film and Media (ISFM), Hyderabad, established last year, will now offer full-time degree courses in addition to the short-term courses it has been offering. Over the last year, the school has had some well-known cinema veterans from Bollywood and Tollywood join their advisory board, including Hema Malini, Mani Ratnam, Tabu and Kamal Hassan.
Here are details for the full-time degree courses.
* BA (film and media): A three-year programme which combines a liberal arts education with a specialised aspect of filmmaking, including direction, editing, cinematography or production.
* BFA (animation + VFX): A three-year programme in animation and visual effects, which will cover the basics of drawing and painting and move on to advanced software and digital workflow management techniques.
* BFA (dramatic arts): A three-year acting degree.
* MFA (film and media): A two-year course, where the first semester will touch upon the workings of the industry, followed by an eighteen-month specialisation in one field, such as direction, scriptwriting, cinematography.
* The school also offers a two-year MBA course in media management, which includes curriculum and faculty from international business schools and from ISFM’s graduate school of film and media
* It is a non-profit concern of Annapurna Studios. Students will also be required to complete community service hours