E-tutoring is ‘real time interaction’ between the student and the tutor. It is the future of learning. Today, we have WhiteBoard software which has replaced the traditional black board in classes.education Updated: Mar 28, 2012 18:23 IST
E-tutoring is ‘real time interaction’ between the student and the tutor. It is the future of learning. Today, we have WhiteBoard software which has replaced the traditional black board in classes. Both student and tutor simultaneously login and interact with each other. The software contains all the tools and symbols required for any subject. It is by and large similar to Live tutoring and in no way differs from classroom teaching. However, one-to-one teaching is always very effective and e-tutoring is all about that. As an e-tutor you will be required to plan and create content around the core concepts of a discipline. The teacher or tutor creates presentations which are used while imparting lessons. In India, most e-tutors make use of the real-time chat process to teach
The tutor would prefer to sleep during the day and teach students abroad in various time zones. An average day of an e-tutor:
9am: Wake up, get ready
10am: Read papers, have breakfast
2pm: Reach office, check mails, prepare content for class
4pm: Classes start
3am: Leave for home
Since this Industry is new, there are no set standards. A tutor can teach for hours ranging from four to nine a day and can earn anywhere between Rs 8,000 and Rs 40,000 a month, based on the classes s/he is teaching. There is a huge demand for subject matter experts in subjects like mathematics, statistics, economics and physics.
* A student-friendly mindset
* Ability to work in shifts
* Should be intelligent to adopt modern techniques available
* Good communication skills
* Should be good with technology
After completing Class 12, one should go for graduation. After graduation, anyone who wishes to become an online tutor can register with online tutoring companies and undergo training. The level of teaching is subsequently decided.
Institutes and URLs
* Companies which are in this space do provide training. A week’s training is imparted: this involves cultural training and online tutoring pedagogy. All tutoring companies have standard training procedures before they certify a tutor to be able to teach international students.
Pros and cons
* Online tutoring allows additional income, ensures growth of knowledge and creates interaction amongst global learners
* Takes time adjust your body clock
With the internet reaching countless households, it is certain that this concept is here to stay Ankit Srivastava, deputy general manager-eTutoring & virtual centre business, Liqvid eLearning Services, Noida