NIOS Class 10 October exam results declared, check them here
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) on Wednesday declared the Secondary Course (equivalent to Class 10) examination results.education Updated: Dec 14, 2016 17:53 IST
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) on Wednesday declared the Secondary Course (equivalent to Class 10) examination results on its official website. The examination was held in October 2016.
Steps to check the results:
1) Go to official website of NIOS
2) Click on the link for ‘Examination/Results’
3) Click on the link for ‘Result of Oct 2016 Examination including Vocational’
4) Click on the link for Secondary exam results declared on December 14 to go to the login page
5) Enter the valid 11/12 digit Roll Number and eight digit date of birth in dd/mm/yyyy format
6) Click on ‘Submit’
7) Results will be displayed on the screen
8) Take a print-out
Or click here to directly go to the login page.
NIOS is ’Open School’ to help learners up to pre-degree level. It was started as a project by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in 1979. The National Policy on Education of 1986 called for strengthening of Open School System, which led to the setting up of National Open School (NOS) in 1989 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The pilot project of CBSE on Open School was amalgamated with NOS. Through a Resolution, the NOS was given authority to register, examine and certify students up to pre-degree level courses in 1990. The MHRD amended the nomenclature of NOS to the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) in 2002.