Punjab police have announced the results of the constable recruitment examination 2016 in which over 7,000 candidates have been declared successful.
Candidates can check their results, which were declared on Wednesday, by visiting the Punjab Police recruitment website .
Steps to check results:
1) Go to Punjab police recruitment website
2) Click on ‘Provisional Results for Constables in District Police Cadre and Armed Police Cadre are open’ running on the top of the page
3) Click on ‘District Police Cadre and Armed Police Cadre results’ on the new page that will open
4) A drop down menu showing 1) Armed Police Cadre (Male) 2) District Police Cadre (Male) 3) District Police Cadre (Female)
5) Click on the category for which you want to see the results
6) PDF page containing the name and details of successful candidates can be seen in the merit list
7) A PDF file of candidates in the waiting list in each cadre can also be seen
8) Save the page on computer and take a print out for future reference
According to PTI, candidates with MTech, BTech and post graduation degrees are among the 7,173 candidates who have been selected. The successful candidates include 162 post graduates, six MTech, 153 BTech, 1,181 graduates and 261 diploma holders.
About 85% of the candidates selected are in the age group of 19-26 years. This percentage in Armed Police Cadre (male) is 80%, District Police Cadre (male) is 83% and in District Police Cadre (female) is 97%.
The training course of successful candidates is expected to begin from November 15.