The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) declared the results of its higher secondary or Class 12 board examination on Monday. The pass percentage is 83.65% out of the 7.89 lakh students who appeared in the exam.
The Class 12 board examinations started on February 15 and got over on February 29.
To know their results, students can log on to www.WestBengalEducation.net or www.wbresults.nic.in . They need to go to the log in page and submit their roll number for the results to be displayed on the screen.
Click here to go directly to the log in page.
They can also get their results through text message by typing WB12 space followed by their roll number and send it to 54242, 58888, 58888711, 52070, 5676750 or 56263.
West Bengal Class 12 Results 2016
- Total No of candidates enrolled: 7,98,057
- Total No of candidates appeared: 7,79,453
- Total No of candidates Passed: 6,33,930
- From this year onwards for the 600 marks exam candidates are getting their grand total based on best of five score.
- Compared to last year Pass Percentage is up by: 1.27%
- Overall Pass Percentage: 83.65%
- Pass Percentage Girls: 82.26%
- Pass Percentage Boys: 85.11%
- Only 3829 students scored above 90%
- 35860 managed to score between 80% & 80%
- The pass percentage of Kolkata is 87.56%
- Like Madhyamik in HS too East Midnapore has the highest pass percentage among districts 93.38%
- The council has published a merit list of 56 students up to 10th rank.
- Humanities and commerce students make their entry in top 10 ranks.
- The result has been published in 76 days.
- Student’s awaiting results of competitive exams and seeking scrutiny and review result of HS on urgent basis can apply online at www.wbchse.nic.in by May 31. The result would be published in 30-days.
- HS exam 2017 would begin on March 15 and would conclude on March 29.
- The council has introduced a host of changes in the exam system, evaluation and syllabus to make the exam more scoring. Drop out has reduced from 2.2% in 2012 to 0.8% this year.
The chart gives an overview of how students have done in the exam:
- No of students getting O (between 90 & 100 marks) in grand total: 3829
- No of students getting A+ (between 80 & 89 marks) in grand total: 35860
- No of students getting A (between 70 & 79 marks) in grand total: 82244
- No of students getting B+ (between 60 & 69 marks) in grand total: 120807
- No of students getting B (between 50 & 59 marks) in grand total: 168124
- No of students getting C (between 40 & 49 marks) in grand total: 164155
- No of students getting P (between 30 & 39 marks) in grand total: 2839
District wise pass percentage:
- East Midnapore: 92.38
- West Midnapore: 88.96%
- Kolkata: 87.56%
- Hooghly: 86.88%
- South 24 Parganas: 86.84%
- Howrah: 86.74%
- North 24 Parganas: 84.43%
- Birbhum: 84.05%
- Bankura: 83.25%
- Murshidabad: 82.18%
- Darjeeling: 81.79%
- Malda: 81.42%
- Burdwan: 81.40%
- Nadia: 81.34%
- Purulia: 81.04%
- North Dinajpur: 76.95%
- South Dinajpur: 76.78%
- Cooch Behar: 76.28%
- Jalpaiguri: 75.06%