Salman Khan has been the undisputed king of Bollywood ever since Dabangg hit the theatres in 2010. After delivering a spate of hits - Dabangg, Ready, Bodyguard, Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2, Salman disappeared from the movie scene, in the year 2013, with no film release.
While his star power has ruled over content in his recent films, we wonder if the same will happen with Jai Ho? Even the actor is sceptical about the box office prospects of his film this time. He was quoted as saying recently - "It is said that the most favourite film of the actor hasn't worked, so that fear is also there."
Here's why Jai Ho may not work at the box office.
1. Salman's dull chemistry with Daisy Shah: The chemistry of lead pair is a major driving force in a film. Sadly, the Dabangg star's chemistry with his heroine is just not working in this one. (check out the song Tere Naina) And the newcomer (Daisy) certainly needs to emote better!
Read: Can't say Jai Ho to Salman-Daisy chemistry in Tere Naina
2. Unimpressive soundtrack: Be it Baaki Sab First Class, the title song or the Photocopy number, there's not a single song in the film that could capture the youth's imagination. The Dhinkachika (Ready)-loving generation might not be interested in booking their tickets for the movie.
Read: Salman's first class number for common man
3. Lack of freshness: Salman Khan was conspicous by his absence on big screen for a year (2013), though he made waves on the small screen with Bigg Boss. Shah Rukh Khan (Chennai Express), Hrithik Roshan (Krrish 3) and Aamir Khan (Dhoom:3) have transformed the scene of masala cinema in India with their Rs. 200 crore plus collections. Jai Ho also seems to be low on freshness quotient.
Read: Salman delays Jai Ho promotions for Aamir
4. Even Salman Khan seems to be unsure of Jai Ho's success: The superstar in his own words, "It is said that the most favourite film of the actor hasn't worked, so that fear is also there. So far it's not happened with me, but there will be a time that it will happen. I hope this doesn't happen with me with this film, because I really like it. The film has a lot of action, comedy, romance etc, and yet is not in the same format as my earlier films."
Read: Jai Ho Salman Khan - the star shoots from the lip
5. Not a typical Salman movie: Salman's fans generally flock the theatres to see him either in an action avatar or a romantic one. In this film, neither the stunts seem to be as impressive as Ek Tha Tiger or Dabangg, nor Salman's loverboy image has been cashed in on properly. Only content can save the day for Salman or it will meet the fate of a Veer or Yuvvraj.