Charlie Sheen enters rehab
Troubled actor Charlie Sheen, who is facing criminal charges arising from an alleged assault on his wife, has entered a rehabilitation center, his spokesman confirmed.entertainment Updated: Feb 24, 2010 19:53 IST
Stan Rosenfield said Two and a Half Men star Sheen "will take some time off" from filming the hit series. Sheen's decision to enter rehab was taken as a "preventative measure."
"He has asked that his privacy be honored. No further statements are planned," Rosenfield said. Rosenfield did not provide details on what type of rehabilitation facility the 44-year-old actor had entered.
The development comes after Colorado authorities earlier this month charged Sheen with felony menacing and two other counts stemming from an alleged Christmas Day attack on his wife Brooke Mueller.
Sheen, the star of Oscar-winning films such as Platoon and Wall Street, is alleged to have held a knife to Mueller's throat during the incident, according to affidavits filed in the case.
Sheen is currently on bail and is expected back in court in Colorado March 15. Mueller has also been in a rehabilitation facility, according to entertainment media reports.