Bollywood badshah Shah Rukh Khan, his wife Gauri and filmmaker Farah Khan were on Tuesday issued notice in connection with an application moved by veteran actor Manoj Kumar and were asked to be present in the court on February 24.
A metropolitan magistrate issued the notice in connection with the defamation suit filed by Manoj Kumar against the makers of the film Om Shanti Om, advocate Ashok Sarogi appearing for Kumar told PTI.
Kumar had objected to a character in the film that bore a resemblance to him and did guards beat up shown being when he went to attend a movie premiere.
Kumar had said that the portrayal had caused immense damage to his reputation and lowered his image among his fans.
He has demanded a rupee in compensation from the makers of Om Shanti Om and said that the scenes he had taken offence to should be deleted from its CDs and DVDs.
Shah Rukh played the male lead in the film, which was produced by Gauri and directed by Farah.
The court had last month issued summons to the trio, directing them to remain present today. However, when they failed to appear today, the court issued notices.