Cruise dismisses Oscar boycott reports | entertainment | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 23, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Cruise dismisses Oscar boycott reports

Tom Cruise has denied rumours that he and his wife Katie Holmes will not be attending the Oscars to avoid Anne Hathaway as she had reportedly made fun of Katie on national television. Read on to get more deatils...

entertainment Updated: Jan 13, 2011 17:31 IST

Tom Cruise’s rep has denied reports that the actor and his wife, Katie Holmes, were not attending the Oscars to avoid host Anne Hathaway.



The spokesman told PopEater that a UK report to that effect was "not true" and that the couple had already decided not to attend the 83rd annual Academy Awards ceremony before a sketch featuring a Hathaway impression of Holmes, reports News.com.au.



A report from the UK's Daily Mail said the couple was angry about Hathaway's unflattering portrayal in the Saturday Night Live sketch.



Katie-Tom"Tom and Katie don't want to have to cross paths with Anne," a source said.



"Katie feels they were really supporting at a difficult time so she feels let down that Anne took to national TV to make fun of her," the source added.