The Manhattan apartment where Hollywood heartthrob Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose, is back on the market. The Oscar-nominated actor had died in 2008, at the age of twenty-eight of an overdose of prescription drugs and the apartment has since been empty.
Ledger, who won a posthumous Oscar for his performancein the film
was renting the downtown New York apartment for USD 23,000 a month at the time of his death. The Australian actor was single handedly bringing up his daughter Matilda, whose mother is actress MichelleWilliams, when he died in January 2008.
In July, 2009, after sitting empty for more than a year, the property was sold through auction. However, the Broome Street property was put up for sale earlier this month for USD 5 million, reported
.The current owners have completely gutted the apartment to make way for a major renovation to boost chances of a sale.