Everybody is guilty of doing this but no one wants to admit to it! Finally, it's out in the open. Here are five reasons why and how workers waste time in office.
A website looked for top five reasons how workers waste time online and found out some expected and some startling results. For instance, workers spend at least a minimum of 20 hours in a week online.
1. Social Networking sites: The number one culprit is the social networking sites and obviously we are all guilty of this. Facebook alone has a hit of over 500 million unique users. Nucleus Research, an IT research firm, found that almost 77% of employees check it at least once a day. Now, Twitter also contributes to the time wasted online.
2. Online Games: Online poker, arcade games and scrabble! Does it ring a bell? Yes these are the games we all have spent hours playing. Popularity of online gaming is only increasing by the day. Who can forget Farmville!
3. Email and online chatting: Name one person who can contest that they don't waste their office time checking and responding to their personal mails and chatting with friends online.
4. Pornography: Although shocking, a 2010 Nielsen study found that a staggering 29% of workers look at pornography while at work. In support of this revelation, a study has concluded that 70% of all pornography traffic occurs between 9am and 5pm. Does it ring a bell?
5. Videos/Movies: Google's YouTube is the 3rd most visited site on the web. Obviously, many employees watch videos on Youtube and other sites to pass time.