Keira Knightley’s ‘stalker’ walks free | entertainment | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 24, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Keira Knightley’s ‘stalker’ walks free

entertainment Updated: Jun 06, 2010 17:32 IST
ANI
Highlight Story

Keira KnightleyThe case against Keira Knightley’s alleged stalker has been dropped after the actress informed the court that she wouldn’t be able to come for hearings on the fixed dates.

Marek Daniluk, 41, had allegedly harassed the beauty, sending her gifts and letters.

Also, he had reportedly grabbed her arm outside a theatre in the West End.

However, the City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court let the Polish walk free. He was told that the case had been cancelled.

Daniluk, of Enfield, North London, initially did not understand the court’s decision.

“I don’t understand what that means,” the Times quoted him, as saying.

The court also lifted an earlier order, which forced Daniluk to maintain distance from Knightley.

The Crown Prosecution Service said that the case had to be cancelled because Knightley’s testimony was indispensable.

The actress is apparently busy over her filming commitments.