Kelly Osbourne, the daughter of rock star Ozzy Ozbourne, explained her new svelte physique was all about getting back to the basics: eating well, working out and self-esteem, according to the blog
. Here are some tips à la Osbourne picked up on by health blogs (
SocialWorkout, FitSugar, RealAge
) from September 7, posting tips that might help you make healthier lifestyle changes.
- Make healthy choices: whole, natural foods, avoid processed carbs, refined sugars.
- Skip the fad diets.
- Forget the abstaining from food after 7 pm rule, Osbourne recommends a bedtime snack to boost metabolism.
- Keep a regular routine.
- Osbourne credits Pilates and the Bar Method.
- Accept yourself and your flaws.
- Try not to sweat the small stuff and obsess on calories.
Other habits that can promote greater well-being
- Power down, de-stress with a book, friends (in person).
- Sleep well and get enough rest.
- Connect with your partner and pets.
- Remember to breathe.