Just when you thought the entire world had descended on Facebook, here's a shocking revelation for you. While most celebs tweet relentlessly on Twitter, many refrain from making a profile on Facebook. Now, you would think at least the cast of The Social Network must be ardent Facebook loyal but alas! Even Justin Timberlake and Jesse Eisenberg have no interest in the social networking site in real life. The Daily Beast lists 10 Facebook boycotters!
1. Justin Timberlake: The actor, who essayed the role of former Facebook prez Sean Parker in The Social Network, only recently admitted that he is not on facebook and prefers to keep away from the social networking site. "I’m sort of admittedly ridiculously stupid with computers," said Timberlake in an interview. Though, interestingly he is active on Twitter.
2. Jesse Eisenberg: The actor who played the role of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network had never even seen Facebook before he read the script of the film. He joined the social networking site for three weeks under an alias and did not find it condusive enough to actually make a profile on it.
3. Aaron Sorkin: The screenwriter of The Social Network is not on the site because "I don’t have that much to share, and when I do, I’ll call somebody and say I had a good cupcake today."
4. Drew Barrymore: A self proclaimed technophobe, Barrymore is neither on Facebook nor on Twitter. "I just don’t like this compulsive, instantaneous, over-information, lack-of-privacy, weirdo aspect of the world."
5. George Clooney: He isn't just on Facebook, he is an ardent Facebook hater. "I would rather have a prostate exam on live television by a guy with very cold hands than have a Facebook page,” he once told reporters.
6. Kristen Stewart: The Twilight actress has often complained about lack of privacy and it seems that is the reason why she is not on Facebook. Even though, she ranted about Twitter invading her private space, about Facebook, Kristen said, "My friends all have Facebook pages and stuff because they are normal people that can have those thing."
7. Robert Pattinson: Much like his ladylove, Pattinson too prefers to keep away from social networking sites. Earlier in 2008, apparently Pattinson made an alias profile but his account got hacked. In a statement, Pattinson's management said, "Rob has neither an official nor personal page on MySpace, Facebook, or any other networking site. His fans should not be fooled by anyone representing themselves as Rob or claiming that they have a sanctioned Robert Pattinson site. These are all false."
8. Jennifer Aniston: She has a self proclaimed aversion to Facebook. Aniston said, "It's not for me. I'd be opening myself up too much. I don't want to sound like a complete innocent—I've looked at things, of course. But it's such spewing. If I look at it, I'll be affected. It's like dancing with the devil."
9. Miley Cyrus: Even though friends of her age spend most of their time socialising on social networking sites, 17-year-old Miley Cyrus, who just got over a Twitter addiction, is not on Facebook.
10. Keira Knightley: "I hate Internet." Obviously the actress is averse to social networking sites as well!