A Mumbai court on Wednesday is scheduled to start hearing the 14-year-old hit-and-run case allegedly involving Bollywood actor Salman Khan.
A witness in the case had told the trial court on October 9 that he had seen the actor in the driver's seat of his vehicle in a hotel's parking lot on the night when it allegedly mowed down five pavement dwellers.
The witness, an attendant at the JW Marriott Hotel in suburban Juhu, testified against the actor in the trial court stating that it was Salman who was behind the wheel before the SUV left the hotel.
He also said he saw Salman's bodyguard standing on the right side of the vehicle and that singer Kamal Khan was sitting in the rear seat behind the actor.
The hit-and-run case trial restarted September 24 following the production of the "missing" case papers in the case.
On September 28, 2002, Salman's car had allegedly mowed down five pavement dwellers, killing one and injuring four others outside a bakery in suburban Bandra.
The trial in the case is being conducted afresh by the sessions court after charges against the 48-year-old actor were revised to culpable homicide not amounting to murder. Salman could be jailed for upto 10 years if convicted.
He had previously faced a lesser charge of rash and negligent driving. A fresh trial was ordered last December.
(With inputs from agencies)