Scarlett Johansson breaks silence on nude photos scandal
Actor Scarlett Johansson, who fell victim to the leaked nude photos in September after a hacker infiltrated her private e-mail account, says there was nothing wrong with her taking the pictures because...entertainment Updated: Nov 03, 2011 19:57 IST
Actor Scarlett Johansson has addressed her recent nude photo scandal in an interview with Vanity Fair magazine on Tuesday, saying there was nothing wrong with her taking the pictures because they were for her then husband, Ryan Reynolds.
"I know my best angles," said Johansson. "They were sent to my husband," referring to Reynolds.
"There's nothing wrong with that. It's not like I was shooting a porno. Although there's nothing wrong with that either," added The Avengers actress.
Johansson fell victim to the leaked nude photos in September after a hacker infiltrated her private e-mail account. The photos show the 26 year-old actress in a towel with an exposed backside, while another shows her topless. They were posted on several celebrity gossip websites.
The hacker, Christopher Chaney from Florida, was arrested in October and charged with 26 counts of cyber-related crime, including leaking private photos from Johansson and other actresses including Mila Kunis and Vanessa Hudgens.
Johansson, who usually is reluctant to speak about her private life, also touched on her divorce from Reynolds, 35, earlier this year after two years of marriage.
"I didn't really know what to do with myself. It was such a strange time. There was nothing that was interesting to me. I had a very public separation. It was difficult. I felt very uncomfortable," said the actress.
The Lost In Translation star will next be seen alongside Matt Damon in the Christmas-themed movie We Bought A Zoo.
The full interview will be in the December issue of Vanity Fair, available on newsstands in New York and Los Angeles on November 3, and nationwide on November 9.