Sonakshi’s home to be ready in June
Sonakshi, who apparently wanted her duplex to look like an old-fashioned place with a Victorian touch, is likely to convert her flat into her personal studio.entertainment Updated: Apr 17, 2012 17:53 IST
Some time ago, HT Café reported that Shatrughan Sinha’s family bungalow, Ramayan in Juhu had been razed to the ground to make way for a duplex-styled structure for the entire family, including daughter Sonakshi. The Dabangg (2010) actor had stated that the family was likely to move in by the New Year, but the Sinhas are yet to enter their new abode.
“Now, they are likely to move around June-July. The work is almost finished, with just a few minor jobs left. They want to shift only when it’s complete. In the coming two-three months, workers will wrap up whatever is left to be finished. Nonetheless, they are happy with their new home,” says an insider close to the family.
Sonakshi, who apparently wanted her duplex to look like an old-fashioned place with a Victorian touch, is likely to convert her flat into her personal studio. Though her brothers, Luv and Kush, will get separate flats, the Rowdy Rathore actor has already stated that she is very happy living with her parents. And that’s why she will turn her flat into a special room for meetings, rehearsals and make-up etc.
When contacted, Sonakshi confirms: “We haven’t moved in yet. Hopefully, we will be shifting soon, in the next two-three months.”
Right now, Sonakshi is completely focused on her work. Ask about her multiple films with Akshay, the latest being Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2 and she says: “We enjoy working with each other. That’s why there’s a very good rapport — on as well as off screen — between us. Neither of us is complaining because it’s good to work with someone with whom you are comfortable.”
Stars move in and out
* Bipasha Basu is looking for a sprawling (at least 6,000 sq ft) party pad to entertain her friends
* Shahid Kapoor is moving out of his 1-BHK flat at Yari Road. He’s searching for a 4-BHK around Carter Road and Pali Hill
* Anushka Sharma has apparently bought three flats — costing Rs 10 crore — in Versova to convert them into a sprawling home
* Priyanka Chopra is believed to be looking to buy a sprawling sea-facing bungalow in Juhu
* Katrina Kaif is supposedly looking around Juhu for an expansive bungalow within Rs 15 crore
* Parineeti Chopra is reportedly set to buy a sprawling two bedroom-apartment in Seven Bungalows in Andheri