It is like all the eligible bachelors have made it their job to break our hearts this year. If the assault launched by George Clooney wasn't enough, Benedict Cumberbatch has put the last nail in the coffin. Too bad his fiance Sophie Hunter is too good to hate.
Like Amal Alamuddin, even Sophie is a woman of intellect and poise. You all know by now that she is a theatre director but you know may not know these five things about her.
1. Sophie is a graduate with a degree in Modern Languages from Oxford. She is also a brilliant stage director and won the Samuel Beckett award in 2007 for writing and directing The Terrific Electric, reported The Telegraph.
2. Hunter is also fluent in French; in 2005, she recorded The Isis Project, a French language album with Robbie Williams collaborator Guy Chambers, reports Entertainment Weekly.
3. She has had her own small tryst with acting in 2004 in Vanity Fair (with Reese Witherspoon). She met our Sherlock while filming for Burlesque Fairytales which was about Charles Darwin, in 2009, wrote People.
4. Sophie comes from a noble line, like Cumberbatch who is the great-grandson of Queen Victoria's consul general in Turkey. She is granddaughter of the late General Sir James Michael Gow GCB, Knight Grand Cross, Order of the Bath, who was equerry (an officer charged with supervision of the horses belonging to a royal or noble household) to Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, in the 1950s, according to the Daily Mail.
5. Before Cumberbatch, she was in a relationship with Conrad Shawcross, a protégé of art collector Charles Saatchi who was named as one of London's most talented young artists. In the mid-2000s, the two lived together in a converted warehouse that served as Conrad's studio, according to the Daily Mail.