Winehouse suffers burns after kitchen mishap | entertainment | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Winehouse suffers burns after kitchen mishap

entertainment Updated: Apr 22, 2009 17:07 IST

IANS
Highlight Story

Troubled British singer Amy Winehouse suffered burns after a pan of boiling water full of pasta fell on her in the kitchen.

The incident took place when Winehouse decided to hold a dinner party for her pals on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia. The singer was left doused in boiling water and suffered burns on her legs, reports www.femalefirst.co.uk.

Fellow holidaymakers are aghast by the singer's carelessness in covering and caring for her injuries, the report added.

A fellow tourist told The Sun newspaper: "Amy's wounds looked so painfully sore - she really should cover them up or get herself under an umbrella. They were covered in sand too. We couldn't believe she wasn't keeling over in pain."

But the star's spokesperson insists the wounds aren't as bad as they look. "She's not in a lot of pain, she's just letting it breathe."