This festive and wedding season, dazzle like a diva with designer Manish Malhotra’s fashion tips
For this festive and wedding season, designer Manish Malhotra gives sartorial tips to be on top of the festive fashion scene. Here’s the low-down on season’s ethnic wear:
1. Pink is the new colour of passion: Pink has replaced the traditional red, this season. Neon pinks and coral shades are most wanted these days.
2. No gaudy embroidery: The focus has shifted from embroidery to subtle sequins, elegant chikan karigari and beautiful traditional tila work.
3. Bring on the volume: Long, flowy and voluminous lehengas take the centre stage this season. Kalidar kurtas over ghagras, this look of the ’50s is making a huge comeback. Wide U-neck blouses are a great pick for occasions like sangeet and reception. Even three-fourth sleeved blouses with exquisite ethnic motifs look great with a sari.
4. Fit is very important: Be it a festive occasion or a wedding function, the fit of the garments is very important. Many times, customers are so busy on deciding the colour, fabric and design, that they tend to forget about the fit of the garment and its cut.
5. Finding fabric: Silk, Kashmiri embroidered fabric, net and other textured fabrics are a rage. Another thing to keep in mind is the way you drape your dupatta. Sari drape style looks really hot and gives you a chic look.
Compiled by Roma Arora