There’s a new twist in the age-old ponytail, and it was recently sported by Hollywood fashionista Olivia Wilde, when she walked the red carpet for the premiere of the film, Cowboys and Alien, at Berlin. The 27-year-old actor sported a crazy tiered twisted ponytail with her rocking front bangs, which became a hot topic on major fashion and beauty blogs and websites.
“The look is creative and this futuristic-esque ponytail is funky,” says Primed.com. Hollywoodlife.com says, “The look took a totally different turn with a futuristic looking ponytail.” Whatshaute.com says, “She wore her unique banded and bunched up ponytail, it was the perfect style to beat the summer heat.” Olivia kept rest of the look simple by wearing a black sheath dress and Brian Atwood shoes.
Hairstylist Avan Contractor, B Blunt says, “This modern twisted ponytail will soon become a popular hairstyle with young girls. It would suit those with an oval face than ones with a round face.”
Here’s how you can get the look right
* The twisted a ponytail looks good with fringes or a slight puff.
* To make this hairstyle first make a high pony at the back, that is the crest area.
* Leave a gap of around two inches and place the second rubber band.
* From the left over open hair, hold a thin section with one hand and tightly grip the second rubber band with the other hand. Gently pull the thin section and you will get the ball type effect in between.
* Repeat this step till you reach almost the end of the length of your hair. If you find it tough to make the twists, buy readymade extensions that’s available in the market.
By Samantha Kochhar, beauty expert