One has to be physically fit due to excessive use of arms and fingers as also to stand for 8-12 hours straight... Training & Institutesfashion and trends Updated: Mar 09, 2008 22:56 IST
A hairstylist needs to have an aesthetic approach, an eye for detail and a high degree of creativity and innovation.
* Technical finesse with hairdressing equipment like scissors, razors, blow dryers, hair irons etc is crucial as ineptitude with instruments might have disastrous results.
* Firm and adept hands needed where styling, colouring and chemical treatments etc are concerned.
* Has to be physically fit due to excessive use of arms and fingers as also to stand for 8-12 hours straight.
* Excellent communication and diplomatic skills are a pre-requisite - a hairstylist has to be a 'people person'.
* Should have a pleasing personality and should always be well turned out.