Care after Cosmetic Surgery
Here are some tips to keep in mind after you've undergone a cosmetic surgery.fashion and trends Updated: Dec 08, 2011 16:22 IST
Here are some tips to keep in mind after you've undergone a cosmetic surgery.
1. Sleep well: Sleeping is the best medicine to recover fast. Rest as much as you can. Avoid performing difficult physical tasks as it can be harmful for the operated portion. Ask your doctor when it is advisable for you to resume your work.
2. Semi-solid diet helps: Soft food intake permits a person to get well more quickly because it gives the digestive system a break. Oatmeal, rice, apple sauce, pudding and bananas are excellent foods to eat. Fruits are also good for health and post cosmetic surgery is the time to load up on its benefits.
3. Smoking can make matters worse: Avoid smoking as it slows down the healing process. It is advisable to stop smoking at least a month before the surgery.
4. Load up on multivitamins and superfoods: Dry fruits and beans aid in fast healing. Multivitamin supplements having high levels of zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C help in speedy recovery. But do consult your doctor before taking any multivitamins.
5. Skip the hair colour for a while: Don’t use a high velocity hair dryer, as it will produce heat that may harm your healing process. Do not colour your hair at least for three weeks after the surgery. Don’t forget to take a doctor’s suggestions after surgery. It is the best way to get speedy recovery and also prevents from complications of post surgery.
Do keep a tab on contraindications for better healing and best results.