Celeb favourite lip hues that are hot this season!
With the festive season at the doorstep, it’s time to choose a lip colour that will make you stand out instantly when you’re all dressed up and ready to celebrate. From fine wines to matte purples and all-out oxbloods — what’s going to be your pick ladies?
1. Matte purples, mauve: A fun purple lip can provide a pretty break from your usual candy or pastel pinks. Go for a hot mauve or a matte shade of purple, or dare to go different with a creamy lilac.
2. Burgundy mood: Deep burgundy shades are for those who play their game strong with makeup. This shade can go beautifully with your ethnic, festive look.
3. Going frosty: If you want to underplay your signature lip without looking boring, go for fleshy pink lips for a softer look. Ditch the bold colours for the day and wear pretty pinks. Frosty textures add some shine and a natural glow to the face compared to a matte or creamy lip. At the same time you also have to ensure to keep your skin and eyes matte while wearing a frosty lipstick so as to not look monotonous.
4. Fine wine: Ombre or fine wine lips go well on nude, clean-looking skin, aided just by a hint of blush. This colour has been in trend for long and continues to stay this festive season as well. Endorse this colour, you need not necessarily match it with your outfit. Hot wines, brown-tinged reds and oxblood lip hues can be worn by women with fair to medium skin tone with not too much of yellow-tinge to their complexion.
5. Blood red: Red lips always come in varied shades but if you want to make a statement, opt for classic blood reds, scarlets and vermilion hues. Go for bright, cherry lips and let the rest of the beauty look be understated. A good way is to match them with the same tone of nail paint. If your complexion ranges from fair to pale, try this bright tone to go with your festive ensemble.
(with inputs by Aakriti Kochar, beauty expert)