Herbs for winter skincare
It is very importent to take care of your skin during winters, moisture-less skin can be a big problem to overcome.fashion and trends Updated: Jan 17, 2012 01:52 IST
It is very importent to take care of your skin during winters, moisture-less skin can be a big problem to overcome so proper oiling is needed.
1. Olive oil: Enriched with vitamin E, olive oil helps nourish, protect and soften the skin in winter and prevents chafing too. Olive oil has a soothing effect on the skin and its antimicrobial properties keeps the skin healthy and soft.
2. Almond oil: Almond oil is an excellent skin softener and during winter, when the skin tends to turn dry, it can well be used to moisturise the skin.3. Country mallow: Country mallow is a great antioxidant and has wonderful nourishing properties too, which can protect the skin from germs.
4. Licorice: Licorice helps to form a layer of protection on the skin. It’s also quite soothing when applied topically, and helps in relieving symptoms of itching, swelling and redness.
5. Fenugreek : In winter, we tend to drink less water and hence more often than not the skin loses it’s lustre due to lack of moisture. Fenugreek is a perfect natural moisturiser, specially formulated to hydrate the skin.
6. Green gram: Green gram can make the skin soft and supple. Soak it, grind, make a paste and apply it on your skin with a few drops of honey mixed in it, for best results.
7. Aloe vera : Aloe Vera is used extensively in Ayurveda to treat wounds, burns, dermatitis and other skin ailments. It not only soothes and moisturises your skin but also acts as an antibacterial agent.