HOT TIP: Selecting bridal jewellery
The selection of jewellery should reflect your personality and must compliment your ensemble. So, know before you shop for your 'once in a lifetime' day!fashion and trends Updated: Oct 18, 2011 01:38 IST
1. Solitaire for engagement ring: The selection of jewellery should reflect your personality and must compliment your ensemble. The solitaire wedding ring should be simple and well designed with the focus being on the solitaire.
2. Cocktail style: For the cocktail functions, a wide variety of pieces such as cuffs, earrings, neckpieces with sapphire setting look very contemporary.
3. For the wedding day: The main wedding day jewellery should be dramatic. The sets can have a Mughal theme with diamonds and kundan along with precious stones such a emeralds and rubies.
4. Go traditional: The maang tikka also makes a bride stand out from the guests and it adds that extra bit to the entire look. Brides can also wear a nath.
5. Jewel caution: Never overload yourself with too many pieces. Do a complete look test and add, subtract pieces according to what you can carry (with inputs from Shaheen Abbas, jewellery designer)