The basics of monsoon fashion
1. Go natural: Opt for natural fabrics such as cotton or linen, so that your skin can breathe. Natural fabrics also help in keeping the body comfortable and cool during the sticky and humid monsoon weather.
2. Monsoon look: It’s best to wear comfortable clothing in bright colours to stand out in the gloomy weather. Try wearing shorts with vibrant tees and team them with colourful flip flops or strappy sandals.
3. Say no to leather: Refrain from wearing leather garments or accessories to combat the humid environs. Leather will increase perspiration and accessories can get a bit uncomfortable to sport in this season.
4. Less makeup: Sport a nude or no makeup look during the rainy season. Apply minimum makeup but do not forget to apply sunscreen before you step out to enjoy monsoon.
5. Stylish sun protection: Large or oversized sunglasses not only make you look stylish but also double up as a safety net, as they minimise sun damage to your eyes.
(With inputs from fashion designer Rimple Narula)